Friday, March 25, 2011

headBORED.

It's been a while since I've done any renovations. I believe the last reno was project Wallpaper, which turned into project- wallpaper-lighting-cabinet refinishing-tile regrouting. After a few months of recuperation I feel like I'm ready for another round of Projects Gone Wrong. Not that I go into a project trying to f it up. just happens.

The bane of my existence at the moment is my bedroom. It has so much potential to be a lovely little space but i have failed miserably in accomplishing that. i chose a lovely light gray for the walls and have a great bedding set that's white with black flowers. (sans bed skirt unfortunately).
however, the rest of the furniture and its arrangement as well as lack of headboard and wall hangings have finally gotten to me. It's t-shirt time! if you're not a jersey shore fan that just means it's time to get'er going and get'er done.

The main project (so far) is going to be a new headboard. I have a wooden headboard (the same one as on King of the Hill) that i could just use as is or perhaps re-stain to something more of my liking. It's a medium wood color that i think i would like better white washed. What i REALLY want to do though is upholster and tuft. An original Shelly Upholstered Tufted Super Duper Headboard.

I spent an obscene amount of time googling images and how-to articles in order to get an idea of the process. It's fairly straight forward. Here are the headboard pictures i collected, it's a fairly random assortment, but there's something about each one i like.  
Any input is certainly welcome. I have no idea how i'm going to pick the fabric or shape and size. I love white and will probably default to a large white headboard, but just think how amazing a plush teal suede headboard would be! Watson and i need your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment