Monday, July 25, 2011

thirty two years

32 years... That's Me +7 years which translates to a super duper lonnnng time. This is how long my parents have been married for as of the August long weekend. We never really celebrate their wedding anniversaries as a family because my sisters and I are jerksI think. It's not really ours to celebrate anyways, it's theirs, which is another way of saying I'm totally not buying them an anniversary present!

I was going to do some research on marriage statistics and so forth but it was terribly disheartening so I gave up and decided to not put anything useful at all in this blog. HOWEVER - DON'T LEAVE YET! I did poll my parents (on bbm) on what there favorite thing about the other was and here's what they had to say:

Me: Hey Dad- what's your favorite thing about Mom?!
Me.: PING!!!
Dad: She Unconditionally Loves Me. I think. Why:)?
Me: Just wondering!

Me.: Hey what's your favorite thing about Dad?
Mom: He's funny and never says anything bad about anybody
Mom: Why
Me: Just wonderin:)

So there you have it. My mom loves my dad because he's funny and my dad loves my mom because she loves him. Happy anniversary mom and dad, I hope you have many many more to come (odds are bad though if dad keeps drinking liters of pickle juice straight out of the jar).

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blogs and oh my I laughed so hard upon learning your dad is drinking out of the pickle jar! That's way worse than taking a gulp out of the oj then placing it back in the fridge as is. Of course, pickle juice has many preserving qualities. Perhaps your dad's consumption of the stuff has helped preserved the marriage so nicely...

    You crack me up Ms. Little!

    ReplyDelete