Monday, February 3, 2014

Michelle's Bootcamp Adventure Part 1

Big news! I'm getting back on the workout train. I, of course, started with a shopping spree where I bought a new yoga mat, foam roller and set of 8lb weights. I had to carry the weights around the store for a while so I consider that my first workout.


I went through my workout clothes drawer and reminisced about all the fun sweaty times I've had with my various outfits. Eventually I manned up and picked something to wear. Really strange but they seem a bit too small, I must've shrunk them in the wash or something!

So my chosen activity (and by chosen, I mean the one that Manda forced me into) is a women's only boot camp through NewBodyFitness.

My first session is tonight. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of nervous. I haven't done any strenuous activity in a while. Oh well, wish me luck!

Wait, first lets do a before picture...



Ok. Time lapse to after my first boot camp session. It didn't even start off easy. It was a series of painful awful excessively hard activity followed by two more rounds of the same. I managed to not swear too much and I didn't hit anyone but I don't know how much longer I can keep that up.

About half way through I thought I might puke up some of the delicious salad I had for dinner. Thankfully that subsided quickly enough, but shortly after I could feel Pale Face coming on. You know, the one where all the blood drains from your face which is pretty much the last step before fainting? Well luckily by that time we were nearing the end of the class. I managed to finish without embarrassing myself too badly.

Luckily Manda drove me home, because I'm pretty sure my leg would've rebelled against driving standard🙀! When I got home I Crawled up the stairs which was super funnn. When I finally made it  to the top I accidentally dropped my water bottle (I think my arms were seizing up) so I had to go down a flight and retrieve it. I almost kept going down just so that I could take the elevator back up.

Tomorrow's class is day two and we are required to bring a set of eight pound weights. I am trying not to think too much about it. I'm sure I'll have nightmares regardless.

I'm about to get in the bath. If you don't hear from me again I probably am still in my bathtub, too exhausted to pull myself out.

Sincerely,
The sorest (and whiniest) girl in Langley.






No comments:

Post a Comment